04 September 2010

2010 Shenandoah 100 Sunday

I raced the Shenandoah 100 in 2008 as my first mountain bike race ever and it was one of the best races I have ever done! Challenging, technical sections, beautiful area, kick-ass racers and volunteers, great vegan food before and after. It was so fun! (2008 write-up!)

I got my new bike (which made the trip in my Ritchey luggage without incident- no fee on Southwest and nothing broken). I've ridden off-road a lot more since 2008. Can I get in under 10 hours? There's a corral start based on when you think you'll finish and I feel pressure about where to line up! Last year was 10 hours, 55 min. I started in the back cause I didn't want to get in anyone's way...

Stoked to be in 'the south' visiting with friends and riding all day tomorrow. I won't let summer end!!

No comments: